Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sweet Sticky Surprises

I didn't walk or ride the exercise bike yesterday.

I walked at the mall today. I was determined to walk regardless of the fact I didn't want to be seen by anyone who knew me (ever have one of those days?) If I took time to "spruce up" before I walked, I may never get out of the house.

I walked indoors with my very dark sunglasses on thinking that I would be unrecognizable; but she knew me. Sitting on a chair waiting in the barber shop was my precious granddaughter, Valentina. When she saw me she jumped up, smiled and called out "Gramma!" (Maybe I should take the hint that I really look like this on more days than I'd care to admit).

Val wanted to know what I was doing at the mall, and why I was wearing those dark glasses. She told me to take them off so she could see my eyes. I stayed awhile and chatted with her, my mother and two of my grandsons.

I could've stayed with them all day, but I HAD to walk.

After I left them and rounded the first corner I came face to face with my daughter, Nicole and her youngest daughter. Isabele didn't seem to recognize me (but she often looks at you like she's perplexed). I popped up my glasses, kissed her on the head and told her to "give me five."

I don't know what she had been eating but I continued the rest of my walk with one very sticky hand, a big smile on my face and one in my heart.

Thank you Lord for special surprises as I walk.

No comments: