Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm the brat

The scale said I'd gained back the 4 pounds I had lost (I think). The reason why I'm not quite sure is that now I'm weighing myself on a different floor and I'm wearing clothing (have to, the scale is out in the living room).

I decided to go back to counting points and following the Weight Watcher's eating plan. I knew that I needed some sort of structure.

My husband and I walked this evening. He spent most of the time telling me what he had done at work today (in great detail). I was weighing the fact that I'm not afraid of any stray dogs when I walk with him versus the loss of my solitude. He talked non-stop for most of a mile. Then he ran out of work related details to tell me. I was relieved!

He said that he talked on and on to help pass the time. Hmmm, if I hadn't been irritated, I might have noticed that fact myself!

He can walk faster than I can and doesn't confess that he's growing tired while we walk. When we get to the cooling down phase, it shows up in him. That's when I come back to life and he is ready to fall down on the ground.

I appreciate his support of my walking and that he'll walk with me even after a long day of work. Today he walked in his work boots. He carries a water bottle for me, so I don't have to.

And I used to think our dog was spoiled!

No comments: