Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baby steps

I had a very hard week, last week. This is probably the main reason ...
I've been on an anti-depressant medication for a few years now. I came to the end of my last refill and thought to myself: I'm feeling so good and doing so well this may be a "sign" to stop taking this medication.

I took my last dose on Saturday, April 26th. By Tuesday, April 29th I was feeling excessively cranky. It continued to get worse. I saw for myself WHY they tell you not to just stop taking this, you have to taper off of it.

Decided that now was not a good time to try to do this. I had to face the problem I had created for myself. Not only was I on the verge of "loosing it" but the Dr. who had prescribed this for me has long since been gone. I would have to start at square one (that's why I was waiting all afternoon on Friday). No one was willing to just refill the medication or to give me a few pills to get me by until I could make an appointment. I had to wait to be seen and evaluated.

The good news is that I was able to receive a refill and took a pill on Friday, May 2nd. I was told that it could take up to 2 weeks for me to "even out."

When making changes take baby steps, not giant leaps!

No comments: