Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday, May 6

We didn't go out to eat last night. We brought take-out home. I followed Chris' suggestions for what I ordered. What I neglected to think about, was a drink. I usually always drink water. I got carried away with the "special event" feel and ordered myself a large Horchata. Whether or not Horchata is high in calories is not the point. I didn't THINK about the choice, I just ordered it.

I rode the exercise bike 30 minutes last night before I went to bed.

This morning I walked a different route (walked down a main street for 10 minutes then turned around and walked back). The time went by fast. I had the radio headset on and didn't hear a runner coming behind me until he was ready to pass me!

I struggled with the thought of binge eating this afternoon and early evening. I didn't (by the grace of God). The old familiar thought "I can't do this" was trying to take root. It's a very powerful thought/emotion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your posts, Liz. You write really well!! Thanks for sharing your journey, it's inspiring.
I share your "dog" issue, as you know. I'm so proud of you for not allowing that to interfere with your walking. You go, girl!

the tall one