Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Binge eating

I just discovered how to set the correct date and time that I'm posting a new message. I went back and tried to change the dates as far as I could rememeber. From now on they will be right on the dot. Just an FYI.

I told Chris that several of my friends and family members have asked about having her work with them. She told me that she just doesn't have time right now but she's feeling like this will one day be a ministry for her. She said she has such compassion for people and since she has struggled with her own weight since she was 9 years old, she can understand what others are going through. She said she already knows me ... inside my head, because she knows herself.

When we were teenagers we used to binge eat together. One of the things we'd eat was saltine crackers with butter, peanut butter and then jelly on them. We'd sit and make little sandwiches over and over again until we were about to puke.

Hmmm, must have been a poor teens phase. That would never tempt me now.

Then there was the chips and salsa phase. Tortilla chips still tempt me. Especially with some good salsa. I'm so glad that I no longer crave hot fudge sundaes and french fries (another phase we went through). I think I got over that one when I worked at Dairy Queen. You really can get sick of eating ice cream dipped in chocolate (or covered in hot fudge).

Back to the subect at hand .... EATING SENSIBLY and LOOSING WEIGHT, Chris said I could share the tips she gives me with you.

No comments: