Thursday, May 8, 2008

Indoor walking

I set my alarm to get up early. I was outside and ready to walk by 7:15 AM (early for me). It was nice and cool, bright and sunny, and there was a police helicopter overhead. When I got to the corner where I do my stretches I noticed two large dogs running in a yard down the road.

Dog anxiety was high today. I went back home and decided to drive to a nearby shopping mall to walk inside.

I walked for 30 minutes. Mall walkers come in all shapes and sizes but most of them were older than me. They have their strides down! Some of them were walking much faster than I was. A group of three ladies were walking and carrying on a conversation (not walking fast enough according to Chris). I check to make sure I'm walking fast enough by talking to myself out loud. I can't get through a whole sentence without having to stop to take a breath. That's fast enough.

I felt like I was on the verge of pigging out all day. Lots of emotional stuff going on. I ate more dark chocolate than I normally do at one sitting and I also ate some trail mix that I had been avoiding. I was disappointed to discover that all the peanut M&Ms were gone out of it (how could that have happened ? Julie?)

I will ride the exercise bike before bed tonight.

No comments: