Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Would it be THE one?

Off I journeyed, to a Bridal wonderland .... great place if you are the bride. The staff are available for your every whim. If you're not the bride and you're not WITH the bride, it's another story. I had to wait in a line to get the dress. It was handed to me without any comment. I had to ask where to try it on. No one asked if I needed help. No one came to zip up the back, no one stood at the ready to tell me how beautiful I looked or to pull the hemm out and help me walk in the dress. (There are no mirrors in the dressing rooms -- you HAVE to come outside to see yourself.)

Wow! The dress was on sale for $120.00 off !! but it was one size too small. I got it on and it zipped up fine. The dress had spaghetti straps. I put it on over my bra. It wasn't until I was standing outside the dressing rooms and looking in the mirrors that I noticed a man. He was nowhere in sight earlier. At least I had my wings covered (this dress came with a wrap)!

OK, it WAS the right color and the price was screaming buy me! buy me! My wings were covered, there was contrasting on the front ... the only issue was my vulumpous mid section.The dress fit too snuggly in the front and across the backside.

I called the bride (who happens to also be a personal trainer). I said I really liked this dress but it was too tight. If I had to wear it today, I couldn't, but with her help (and the wedding three months away) I should be able to fit into it. She said she KNEW that I could do it. She KNEW that I'd loose enough weight by then IF I would do what she told me to do.

No comments: