Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Day One

I was excited to get started. Up and on the scale, then dressed and ready to walk.
I would be walking down the street and back (I hadn't been exercising for a long time prior to this).I was home again in ten minutes and I felt invigorated! Not bad, not bad at all.

Cutting the food in half was easy today. I did it without even thinking about it. The hard part was being hungry every 2-3 hours. I'm talking very hungry ... boarding on ravenous, if I didn't eat right away.

Ravenous has always been a very dangerous condition for me to be in. Before I know it, I'm sticking anything in my mouth to feed the beast. My clear thinking goes right out the window.The beast must be satisfied. Woe to anyone who gets in the way at feeding time. The answer will be "no" to any question asked at this time. Not a good time to ask me something you are hoping will be a "yes."

My trainer (I like the sound of that) my PERSONAL trainer had already warned me about this. I was prepared for it today. No signs of the beast.

I discovered that by mid afternoon or early evening, I was a bit restless. That time of day when you want to eat a candy bar or something like that. I went into the living room and moved around for 20 minutes, non-stop. I walked, shuffled, danced, scooted (I don't hop), moved my arms, whatever came to mind. The frustration (if that's what it was) was gone and I had another boost of energy. I was liking this!

No comments: