Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Not here a moo, not there a moo, nowhere a moo moo

I dealt with my own "body image" issues and was finally reassured that it was ME she wanted in her wedding and not a particular body shape or size. Good thing that was all worked out because now it was time to start looking for my dress. She is very sensitive to what I would feel comfortable wearing (no wonder she's my best friend).

We headed downtown to a famous bridal plaza to look at dresses for me. I tried on every style of dress that was close to my size. Although you can order dresses in any color and in just about every size, you can only try on what they happen to have in stock. It's hard to imagine how a dress will look on you when it's two sizes too small and it's chocolate brown instead of sea foam green.

We found out what we didn't like. Form fitting would not work for me, nor would a plain front. I needed some sort of camoflauge for my full figured abs and I definitely wanted to cover up my flapping wings! I could tell in the bright lighting that I would have to get a tan because you could see the outline of a t-shirt on my bare shoulders and arms.

Less than a week later, the bride-to-be happened upon a dress that she thought could possibly be THE one! All I had to do was get there to try it on before closing time (that's as long as they would hold it for me).

1 comment:

murfsturf said...

Those flapping wings are really angel wings. A much more pleasant thought, don't ya think?