Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The challenge

She called me back a few minutes later as I stood in the dressing room. She had a deal to offer me. She was willing to let me buy the dress now and start working on fitting into it. She was willing to help me. The bottom line was, "I need to know that you'll have a dress that you can wear. If it's not this one, then we need to order you one 12 weeks in advance. I'll give you three weeks to show me that you're serious about doing this. At the end of three weeks if you have lost more than one pound and are working on it, I will pay you back for this dress and I'll pay for any altering too. But if at the end of three weeks, you haven't lost anything or haven't gotten started yet, then we're going back downtown to the Bridal plaza and we'll order your dress in your size and YOU'LL pay for it and for the altering too (there was a $170.00 difference in just buying the other dress). "

This was a challenge I had been waiting for! I said, "I'll take it." Not only would I be wearing this beautiful dress and having it fit right, but even more than that, I was going to have a personal trainer working with me! I finally had a really good motive for loosing weight (doing it for myself or for my health weren't motivating me enough, I'm sad to say).

"Ok," she said, " buy it and I'll call you tonight."

The dress was hanging in my closet. I was ready with pen and paper when she called. She gave me basic instructions to get started with. I was to WALK every morning (as soon as I got up). I was not to think about walking or what I would wear to walk in, I was to just put my shoes on and go. Secondly, I was to cut my portions in half ... immediatly. I was to drink water all throughout the day and I was to weigh myself in the morning.

Then we talked about the mind games that we play with ourselves. She told me that she would be helping me through them and we'd talk on a daily basis. The first thought I was to think on, was that this was NOT an option for me. I was GOING to do it, period.

I have to be honest and say that I swallowed and said yikes! (to myself) at that point. I was the one who wanted to do this ... could I really do it?

1 comment:

murfsturf said...

I so believe in you, Lil Red Hen!