Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Freaking Out

It's been two weeks since I last weighed in (due to Memorial Day holiday). I was hopeful for a loss and thought that a couple of pounds would be a great pleasure. Imagine my surprise when my leader smiled a big smile and told me I was about to freak out, but that it would be a good freak out.

I know HOW to freak out. I've done it many a time, mostly for "not so good" things. I can exhibit a good "Woo Hoo" freak out, if need be. Well, I was blown away when she told me I had lost 5.4 pounds!

Wow! The rest didn't even register to me (I was busy freaking out). She told me that I had hit the "25 pounds lost" mark (actually exceeded it) and that I am very close to having lost 10% of my starting weight.

Weight Watchers awards charms for different milestones. I received my first one tonight for losing 25 pounds. I'm so very happy! I am feeling wonderful. I am feeling "thin" (even though I have a long way to go still). It's amazing! If I look at each day (I've been through) it has been hard, but when I glance back and see where I am at NOW, I have to say it's been incredibly easy! It has been God at work inside of me and the evidence is showing on the outside. To HIM and HIM alone goes all the praise and glory for what HE has done in me.

1 comment:

One Sheep, One Blog said...

I'm "freaking out" right along with you! So proud of you!