Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Today I had to make a trip to the grocery store to get more of our new staple items : ) We found some light whole grain English muffins that we like and also some light 9 grain bread. Got to have the Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwiches (just 2 points !) I am drinking soy or almond milk; had to get more of that as well.

I HAVE NOT had to drink coffee this whole week !! That is amazing in itself! I don't know if it's the apple cider vinegar I'm ingesting 2-3 times a day or that I'm not overeating or what? It's certainly not because I'm getting more sleep ... sadly, there's not much of a change in that area yet.

I made a concoction for Bob and I to eat together today. Concoction is what I call anything I make up as I go along. It has this and that in it. He said he liked it. I did too. The problem with concoctions is that they are hard to remake!

This evening we were out running errands and it occured to me that we would not be stopping to get something to eat or drink (yeah!) ... so what are we going to do with all that money we're saving?? It's exciting to think about the future and what new things we can do as a family (that doesn't involve eating out) because that was one of our main things we'd do together.

We talked about going to a theatre to see a movie this weekend. My husband said he MUST have popcorn and a soda to watch a movie in the theatre. I'm a tad bit afraid of putting myself in that tempting spot.

I was on the verge of doing some out of control eating. I rationed out a portion of veggie chips into a bowl and then before I put the lid back on the container, I reached in and grabbed more chips and shoved them in my mouth. Not good. I did that a couple of times.

I rode the exercise bike for 30 minutes and that restless beast disappeared, thank you Lord!

No comments: