Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No mask today

Helllo September!! Before any more time passes, let me catch you up.

My husband has his voice back but still struggles with his swallowing. I haven't been walking, rdiding the exercise bike or making the healthiest choices when I eat. I have a new stressor in my life. Thankfully my weight hasn't gone back up.

I saw my kidney Dr. today and he said that for all accounts and purposes, I'm cured. There's a 95% chance that this will not ever happen to me again (kidney failure following a surgery). It was a rare occurance. I am the first patient that this has EVER happened to by my surgeon (having performed hundreds of the same operation). No one knows for certain why it happened to me... or so I'm told.

I was asked to bring in all the medication I am currently taking (in the original containers). I could not believe HOW MUCH I TAKE when I had to put all the bottles in a ziploc bag!!! I never imagined myself in this state. I am taking 16 pills a day (some of them are natural suppliments). We are talking about a full time job to manage them all. I have often wished for a private nurse that would just bring them to me as I need to take them.

Yes, exercise will benefit me. Losing weight will allow me to go off some of the medication. Why isn't my health ever enough of a motivation for me?!

Just being real.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about the kidney "thing" probably not happening again. It was quite a scare for you AND your family/friends!