Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Customer Service

Have you noticed that when you receive good customer service it's a shock? When was the last time you heard someone call you Mrs. _____ or even greeted you with a cheerful voice EVERYWHERE you went in one day? It may happen in one place, but it doesn't happen everywhere you go (or at least everywhere I go).

I thought it was a joke when the card scanners at Wal-Mart started asking you if your cashier was friendly today! It is very rare that I have a friendly cashier at Wal-Mart. They are usually frazzled and a bit cranky. Maybe it has something to do with the looooong check-out lines that never end. Why are there twenty some check-out lines anyway? There are only three or four open at any one time!

I must be invisible sometimes when I go to the grocery store. I have had employees stocking the shelves practically run over me with those pallets of boxes. Aren't they EXPECTING to see shoppers in the aisles? I've approached employees filling the dairy cases and heard things said that would make any mother turn red with embarrasment. Some cashiers will be talking to either another cashier or to the bagger and they will be talking about things that should not be said aloud in front of a stranger! If it's not a true life episode of Jerry Springer happening before my eyes, it's an expose of "I haven't even had my break!"

I appreciate my fast food being delivered to me fast, but can I have just one bag shoved out the window at me at a time? And if I order more than two drinks please don't be perturbed when I ask for a drink carrier. Are napkins optional now? I thought it was strange when you had to ASK for ketchup as if it was an "extra" item. When I go to KFC, I WANT butter and honey with my biscuits! That should be a given!!

I find myself saying thank you when I'm given my receipt. I finally figured out why I'm saying thank you. Because SOMEONE should be thanked when a transaction has been made. Hmmm, it's a subconscious thing for me. I just say it. I must have been taught to say it by my parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manners is what is SORELY needed these days! I know a pre-school teacher who has taught her kids that when someone hands you something, you say "thank you." As they are learning, sometimes they say "your welcome" instead, but at least they get the point!!