Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Honesty

It's time for me to bring this to the light. I've been experiencing eating binges at night for several nights in a row. Not a good thing and I don't want to "cover it up" any longer.

WHY I've had the restless sensations and tried to eat them away is a mystery to me right now. I intend to take time to journal my thoughts and emotions over the last few days (if I can remember them all : )

I refuse to drop off this journey I've been on. I am reminded that this is not a sprint, it's a marathon. There will be days like this ... I shouldn't be surprised. And I will not allow myself to feel ashamed.

It is not really about the food. It is more about my thoughts and ignoring my emotions. Ugh ... funny, how thoughts and emotions can present more of an obstacle to me than the actual food. I never would have believed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand. It's so RARELY about the food .. it's about what's going on with us. Great job sharing .. and putting it all to light. Way to take control!

One Sheep, One Blog said...

Thanks for your honesty. You are really doing so very well!