Sunday, July 11, 2010

Before the Day Was Over

Next, my sister Rose said she had a presentation. She slipped in a DVD she had made. It was a collage of pictures of me growing up, set to music. I don't know why, maybe it was the songs that she chose or just seeing me as a child, but the tears fell down my cheeks (again) as I watched it.

We watched it all the way through once and then watched it later pausing for commentaries by me and family members. That was fun. No one cried that time : )

For dessert we had Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (a Weight Watcher favorite).

The day was almost over and it had been a wonderful, wonderful day.

When I got home, I sat down and read every note, letter and card. My love tank was full. My family and friends had honored me. I didn't know if I would be able to sleep.

I'm going to enjoy being 50!

1 comment:

One Sheep, One Blog said...

You and your family will have that DVD to remember your special day always. What a thoughtful gift.