Monday, June 2, 2008

On My Own

My personal trainer is busier than ever now. We rarely talk to eachother. We e-mail now and then. She's had to relocate (with her job) not to mention all the wedding details.

I feel like I'm on my own (not looking for any sympathy), just want you to know.

I know that THE WEDDING and THE DRESS are keeping me going for now. There are moments when I want to throw up my hands and say this is too hard and I just CAN'T keep doing it. I'm learning that that feeling is coming from some emotional pain. It has been my habit to self-medicate with food. The food never stopped the pain -- it just distracted me from it (for awhile).

This is hard work. Not just physical work (exercise) and not just food control ... possibly the hardest part is feeling the feelings.

No comments: