Monday, June 2, 2008

New taste sensation

I've done this twice now ... gone to Jamba Juice and ordered a shot of wheatgrass. The first time I had a double shot. I don't know why I said "double" when the gal asked me if I wanted a single or a double. I found out after the fact that a single (1 ounce) is equivelant to 2 pounds of green vegetables!

You can have a slice of orange with your shot. It's supposed to help with the after taste. I suppose it does, a little anyway. Both times I had grass tasting burps long after drinking the shot.

I also didn't know that you shouldn't drink wheatgrass on an empty stomach. My brother was so kind to tell me that (long after I already had). No wonder I didn't feel too well the rest of that day. I started to feel nauseas as soon as I left Jamba Juice (before I even got to my car). Then it felt like I had a brick in the pit of my stomach.

The second experience was much better. Didn't feel nauseas at all. No brick afterward. Less burping. It doesn't taste too bad when you swallow it. It's actually got a sweet taste, and a grass taste (not that I had ever tasted grass before). Guess it tastes like grass smells.

No comments: