Monday, August 9, 2010

Hindsight ... It's Always 20/20

The last day I tracked (wrote down what I ate) was on Sunday, August 1, 2010.

I wonder if I can remember what I ate for over a week ...

One night (was it Friday?) my husband and I got take out from Papa Joe's Fish & Cue. I had a cheeseburger, fries, onion rings and a soda (3/4 diet Coke and 1/4 Coca Cola). **Lesson learned, I don't have to have my own order of fries AND onion rings. I don't like the taste of soda now. It's too sweet. I can say, "No soda" even if it is included in the price (or fill the cup with the soda my husband likes -- let him drink it). **

Saturday night it was pizza, bread sticks, soda, cake and ice cream (the leftovers of which came home with us afterward). ** Lesson learned, don't bring home leftovers of tempting foods. **

Sunday we stopped to eat at a Chinese Food buffet. This had been one of my greatest concerns. I was afraid that I would not be able to "control" myself at a buffet. After several days of uncontrolled eating, I was right. This was one of the occasions where I overate. I filled my plate with items I wanted to eat. Then I went back for more of a few of those. Then I got some dessert and fruit items. Then after sitting and talking for awhile, I felt the NEED to go back and get more of what I (erroneously) thought I would not get to eat again for a loooooooong time. Afterward, I felt too full. If there can be a bright side to that eating occasion, it would be that I hadn't felt that uncomfortable "STUFFED" feeling for a very long time. ** Lesson learned, take a walk around the buffet FIRST before I even pick up a plate. Let the sights awe me first, THEN decide if THAT is what I will choose to eat today. I can eat Chinese Food any day I want to. I don't have to eat it ALL today. **

No comments: