Monday, August 9, 2010

Caught in the Act (or Non-action)

It was time. I'm glad that I didn't squeak by this week. There have been weeks when I thought I would gain or at least not lose, but I did lose anyway. At tonight's weigh in there was not a congratulations offered. I knew that the jig was up. No more seeing how close to the line I could get without stepping over it.

The scale said that I was up 1.2 pounds. Not a large gain. Enough for me to take notice of what I've been doing (or not doing) though. I've been eating without thinking. I've eaten when I wasn't hungry. I've over-eaten on at least two occasions. I've emotionally eaten. I haven't limited myself to "just a bite or two" of certain things.

Do I consider myself as "bad"? No. I don't have to follow the Weight Watcher plan for eating. I can continue to carry this weight around. I can gain back what I lost (and then some). It's my choice.

Tonight I was late to the meeting. I chose to go anyway.

I choose to continue on this path. I choose to see it as a JOURNEY (it's not an attempt at perfection). One little change at a time is what I'm making.