Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Anchoring

The topic at last night's WW meeting -- Out of Control Eating. What does that look like in my life? What can I use to anchor myself (to put a stop to it) when I realize I am in it?

Challenge for this week: Write down WHY I came in the door at Weight Watchers, WHERE do I want to end up on this "weight loss journey?"

I came to Weight Watchers because I wanted to lose weight. I wanted to learn to lose it in a way that I could live with. I also wanted to lose for my family's sake ... to begin to end the obesity in our generations. I wanted to honor God in my body, to take care of this temple He had given me. I believed it could work for me, with His help. I was ready : )

I want to reach my goal weight. I want to maintain it, once I get there. I want to encourage my family that they can do it too. I want to be able to wear smaller clothes (to not shop in the "Plus Size" section any more). I want to be healthy. I want to have energy and stamina. I want to be able to do all the things that the extra weight has hindered me from. I want to be free from the obsession with food. I want to live life (instead of watching from the wings). I want to hike, to dance and to run. I want to be able to buckle every seat belt around me. I want my husband to carry me over the threshold ... to be able to lift me up. I want to sit in any seat without wondering if I would be too heavy for it (would it creak? would it break?) I want to like (to love!) my body when I see it. I want to be in the best shape I have ever been in. I want my weight loss to be a testimony to the victory of God's work in my life. I want to be able to declare what He has done! I want to actually have the wish I so dearly wished for. I thought it was a goal (to lose weight) every year, but it was a wish. A wish is something you think will just "poof!" happen. One day I want to wake up and be able to say, "It really did happen! I did lose the weight!"

1 comment:

One Sheep, One Blog said...

I love the way you've expressed yourself in this post, dear friend! I found myself cheering for you inside -- "Go Girl, you are inspired and an inspiration!"