Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Latest Obsession

Early one morning I woke up with the thought that I MUST crochet, now! Just had to. So I got up and looked in the back of my closet for my yarn caddy. I sat in the bathroom with the light on so that I could try to remember how to crochet a Granny Square. Trial and error, mostly error, finally brought me success! I sat there until my husband opened the door. Had three hours really passed?

The compulsion to keep going was so strong that I moved back to my bed and crocheted while lying down. I continued until my arms were aching. Then I fell asleep.

My mother asked me if I was really going to make an afghan. I thought I would, at first, but now that I've completed more squares I've been thinking about how many MORE I'd need to make for an afghan. It depends on how long my motivation lasts. I may end up with a pillow.

No comments: