Saturday, November 29, 2008

Some of the Fun I've Been Having

"There are two things you need to know about this medication. Take it with food. If you take it on an empty stomach, you will be nauseas. And do not drink alcohol while taking this. If you do drink alcohol, you will violently vomit" the doctor said.

Not a problem, or so I thought.

The first day I was nauseas. I was eating (not much because I haven't had an appetite) but I was still nauseas. By the time I took my third dose, I could tell that the violence was starting in my stomach! I tried not to throw up, really I did. And I'm a person who will make myself throw up because I don't like to linger in the nausea.

Yep, it was pretty violent.

I called and spoke to a pharmacist. As soon as I told him the name of the medication and that I had thrown up, he immediately said to me, "You can't drink alcohol with it."

I told him I hadn't. "Not even a little alcohol?" he asked. "Maybe, mouthwash?"

"No."

"Do you have more? "

"Yes."

"Just take some more."

1 comment:

One Sheep, One Blog said...

So sorry you've been ill. Hope the medication issues work out soon!