Thursday, April 7, 2011

What Now?

Called my workout buddy and asked how her feet were feeling. She said she was having pain in hers. Hmm ... we had a three way call with our trainer. He advised me to take an Advil and return to the shoe store with my new shoes and have my feet reassessed.

First on my list was to check with a pharmacist to see if I could take an Advil along with all the other prescribed medication I take on a daily basis. It was not advised, since I take a low dose aspirin every day. Apparently taking them together could possibly cause bleeding of my (stomach?) -- I don't remember where the bleeding would originate from. This was a slight possibility, and I would possibly be ok...but he advised me to take a Tylenol instead, as long as I didn't have any liver issues. Hmmm ... I did have a bout of renal failure, during which time I was told I could not take Tylenol again (or was it Ibuprofen?) But that's another story.

I didn't want to take a pain killer prior to returning to the shoe store. I needed to be pain sober in order to express my discomfort, so I didn't take anything.

To summarize  my experience at the shoe retailer: I was fitted in the same shoe, one half size larger which ended the toe friction.

No comments: