Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Week One of Indoor Workouts

Monday was cardio day -- 33 minutes on the treadmill for me. I was sooooo exhausted when I got home. I was tempted to go to bed early and miss my Weight Watcher's meeting. but I didn't.
 
Tuesday we completed our nine weight machine rotation. Hmm ... not bad. Seems like this will be a breeze.

Wednesday, we three gals, met at the fitness center without our trainer, to complete our cardio workout. I was wearing my new shoes (purchased on Monday before working out), pony tail swinging behind me and feeling confident on the treadmill. We each had our personally assigned regime to follow -- increasing and decreasing speed, raising and lowering of the incline -- there was even a ceiling fan keeping us cool.

I had my music playing and had hit a good stride when the treadmill menu indicated that the incline had been disabled (how that I happened, I have no idea). That particular message was frozen across the digital display (I don't know what it's called) ... the monitor? TV screen? ha ha

I know that when my computer or phone act up and I don't know what to do, turning it off and back on seems to get me past the momentary hiccup. That's what I did ...eventually. First I thought I'd step off the treadmill, onto each side with my feet. Apparently, this should not be tried during your first few times on a treadmill. I removed one foot and almost lost my balance before I could lift off my other foot. I learned that you can STOP the treadmill from moving with your feet still on it, or better yet, you can slow it down and then step off of it. But that's another story.

I started up again and didn't encounter that problem again. Approximately half way into my regime I began to feel my NEW shoe rubbing the tops of three toes on my right foot. I continued to keep up my pace, even increase my speed faster than prescribed. I favored my right foot and tried to curl up my toes as I walked (which doesn't work). I assumed I would have blisters by the time I was finished.

Fortunately, I did not have blisters on my toes! They were sensitive, but not too much so. When I got home and took off my shoes, I felt a pain in my right heel. Yoww! Where did that come from? I couldn't walk without cringing.

No comments: