Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Changing Thoughts

Ookie ... the feeling you had before walking into a Weight Watcher's meeting ...

This was the topic for one of our discussions at a weekly meeting. No matter what our history is, we all had at least one "ookie" moment (and often countless others).

One of my ookie moments was when my best friend from school asked me to be her matron of honor. I was at my heaviest (at that time) weight and I was very self conscience about it.

Another ookie moment was realizing that I may need to ask for a seat belt extender on an airplane.

We're not to dwell in the ookiness ... but were challenged to turn our thoughts to what we're dreaming about or looking forward to. What do we want to do (that we couldn't or THOUGHT we couldn't do with the extra weight on).

I am looking forward to being able to shop in "regular" clothing stores (and "regular" sized departments).

I am looking forward to being more active ... being able to keep up with my grandchildren!

I am looking forward to a whole new wardrobe !!

I am looking forward to not hiding from the camera (and having a family portrait done !! ) AND sending a photo with our Christmas cards !!

I'd like to participate ..... (do I dare say it?!) ... in a 5K event.