Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Looking back

In hindsight, which is always a clear 20/20, I did not have the slightest idea what it was to be married. I was not mentored by a wise and godly Titus 2 woman and my own parent's marriage didn't help me, it probably added to the depravity of what would not be "happily ever after."

I had high expectations. First of all, I expected my prince to BE charming, 24/7. I expected him to live and breathe to desire to be at my side. I just expected him to KNOW and BE what I expected a man to DO and BE.

I'm sure he had expectations too. I would assume he expected me to be his sweetheart and willing lover 24/7. I don't think he expected me to turn into his mother* and demand answers and obedience out of him (where had he been, what happened to our money, TAKE OUT the trash).

* used figuratively

No comments: