Saturday, October 17, 2009

It won't happen to me

They're right, obviously. I didn't want to believe it. I thought my experience would be different.

Ha! People who respond to ads on Craig's List can (and tend to) be flakey. They are interested. They WANT what you're selling. They're coming or they'll call you again .... so you wait. If you're like me, you wait for days.

I've seen the disclaimers on other Craig's List ads that go something like this:
Serious inquiries only! Don't tell me you'll come if you don't intend to. I'll hold said item for one hour. If you do not come, I will call the next interested party, etc ...

NOW I understand why this happened to a person I know. The man was ON HIS WAY to purchase an item. He was half-way there when he recieved a call on his cell phone. The seller informed him that the item just sold. I thought that was a bummer and that he was treated unfairly. Now I see that "its for sale until the cash is in my hand" philosophy is not a bad method.

No comments: