Sunday, March 27, 2011

Walking

My personal trainer, Jon, started a walking group twice a week. We met at a local park and walked at our own pace. We walked at the park for two months (or so).

Next, Jon took us to North Mountain park to vary our walking. My WW buddy and I walk together. We each utilize two ski poles (remade by my dad) for walking and balance. He measured them to our height, cut the tips off and added rubber ends. Pretty cool! 

My WW buddy and I started out by walking 1/2 way around the road at the park. We'd go half way and then turn around and walk back. Following this path, we ventured uphill a tad bit. We'd both puff and strain to get to our turn-around place and gladly head back downhill.

For the last two weeks, we have made it ALL THE WAY around the road!! What a sense of accomplishment we celebrated at the top the first time we made it there!! Then, each time we'd walk, we HAD to go all the way around (because now we knew we could)! 

No comments: